Nobody wants the headache of a blocked toilet. Aside from the inconvenience or costly emergency plumbers, they can flood your home and pose a serious threat to health… BUT if the blockage is not too drastic you can actually sort this yourself.
You don’t even need a plunger. Just something that’s already under your kitchen sink that might really surprise you.
not just for dirty dishes.
Turns out, washing up liquid does more than clean the pots. It’s a really helpful hero in unblocking that pesky u-bend, who knew?
To get things moving again you’ll need:
- Washing up liquid
- A large bowl or bucket of hot water
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Clear white vinegar
how to unblock the toilet with washing up liquid
- Pour about half a mug of washing up liquid into the toilet bowl. Let it run down the sides of the bowl as well as pouring it onto the water surface.
- Leave the toilet for 30 minutes so the washing up liquid can dissolve the blockage.
- Pour a bucket of hot water into the toilet bowl from waist height. You need the force of falling water to help dislodge the blockage.
- Leave the toilet for 10 minutes, then flush it.
- The blockage should be gone. If the water level is starting to drop but not completely clear, you can repeat steps 1- 4.
- Pour 1 mug of bicarbonate of soda and 2 mugs of clear white vinegar into the toilet bowl and leave to bubble for 30 minutes.
- A final flush and you should be sorted.
smol to the rescue.
And if you haven’t checked out our wonderful plant-based, biodegradable washing up liquid then head on over to grab yours now!
With its fabulous pink grapefruit scent and powerful grease-busting formula, your dishes will be dazzling (even in cold water) and there are no nasties to rinse down the sink when you’re finished. Result!TRY TODAY