Cleaning your home over the festive season can feel like a never ending and thankless chore so check out these 5 smol cleaning hacks to make life a little easier this Christmas.
1. Christmas candle carnage.
We all love the soft glow of a Christmas candle at the dinner table but we definitely don’t love spilt wax all over the table cloth, across the carpet or up the walls! Luckily it’s easy to remove.
- Cover the wax with a clean cloth or kitchen towel.
- Run over the cloth with a cool/medium iron (you can also heat the cloth with a hair dryer).
- The heated wax will soften and stick to the cloth - then lift it off and away!
2. Once burned, twice shy.
Left the roast potatoes in too long? Forgot the stuffing? Boiled the pudding steamer dry? Burnt trays and pans are no joke BUT you can rescue them quickly with a smol dishwasher tablet.
- Wet the marked area with warm water.
- Pop on your washing up gloves, and rub a smol dishwasher tablet over the stains.
- Keep wetting the tablet as you go - the burnt bits will disappear before your eyes.
3. Home sweet (smelling) home.
With all the holiday comings and goings, the cooking and partying, our homes can suffer in the scent department so keep yours smelling gorgeous with our homemade freshener.
- Fill a clean spray bottle with warm water.
- Add 4 pumps of smol fabric conditioner and shake.
- Spray on sofas and curtains to keep your home smelling fab.
- You can even use it on your clothing to give the laundry a break!
4. Chocs away.
What’s Christmas without a tub of your favourite chocolates? Whatever your choc of choice, you don’t want them melted down your favourite top because chocolate can stain.
- Scrape any solid excess off quickly with the back of a knife.
- Rinse the stain with cold water (hot water will cook it into the fibres).
- Use 4 pumps of smol stain gel if desired and gently rub into the fabric.
Wash as normal with a smol bio capsule at 40°C or cooler.
5. Wake up and smell the cheese.
Christmas can unleash all sorts of smells in your fridge from all the leftover. Here’s how to soften the stink!
- Put 3 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda into an egg cup.
- Place the egg cup at the back of your fridge.
- It will absorb all those strong smells.
- Ground coffee or porridge oats also work well.